About Counselling Services Nottingham and, Andrew Harvey, therapist Nottingham
- I am a fully registered member of the BACP (British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy). I adhere to BACP ethical framework . This ensures that clients are treated with respect and professionalism. In-line with this framework I keep my skills current, work in an appropriate way and provide my services in an ethical and safe, professional manner.
- I am a registered Independent Practitioner on the UK’s register of counsellors and psychotherapists, accredited by the Professional Standards Authority, set up by the Department of Health.
- I integrate different therapeutic ways of working to best respond to the client’s needs, working with you to find your way forward in the most appropriate way. This way of working is often welcomed by clients who might find the thought of “therapy” daunting.
- My qualifications include A Diploma in psychotherapeutic counselling (CPCAB), Cert Men Hlth Stud (Open) and A Foundation Degree in Counselling. My training includes, continued professional development, including training in a number of therapeutic modalities including psychotherapy, group therapy, dialectical behaviour therapy (DBT) and cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- My experience includes working privately as a therapist in Nottingham, in the voluntary sector, mental health settings and for Priory Group as a therapist and counsellor.
- I am a registered member of The Federation of Drug & Alcohol Professionals
- Counselling Services Nottingham is a registered Limited Company (Company number 08546216) Director Andrew Harvey
What is Counselling and how can it help?
“Counselling and psychotherapy are umbrella terms that cover a range of talking therapies. They are delivered by trained practitioners who work with people over a short or long term to help them bring about effective change or enhance their wellbeing”.British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy
For an informal no obligation chat, please call Andrew on 07802 767462 (please leave a message if I am unable to answer, and I will call you as soon as I’m free)